Monday, March 23, 2009

Memories

Sometimes a song can touch a nerve, stir a memory. Sometimes a smell, or a sound. Sometimes it takes just a thought of what day it is and thousands of memories wash over me. A day that sticks out to always be remembered--like a birthday, or Christmas. No one has to tell you those days are special--you just know. And there are many memories associated with those days. Today, is one of those days for me. A day I will never forget...a day I felt my heart being ripped out of me..while at the same time, feeling an inexpressible joy. Each year that goes by I have to stop and take a remember all the things that got me to that day. Ok, so far there has only been two years I have done that, and maybe I am over exaggerating. Maybe with time it will get easier to just let this day go by like every other day. But I really hope not. I hope I always remember the day I left the my mission. And I hope that memory will take me back to my mission, and I will always treasure that time, and appreciate how that time changed me.

2 comments:

laura said...

I am totally with you! March 23rd will always be a memorable day. I still can't believe it's been 2 years. It also happens to be Austin's birthday, so I have an additional reason to always remember it! :)

superegobear said...

A wonderful day to remember, Rachel! I'm indebted to your mission:)