Wednesday, April 8, 2009

?!

True Story

I have an exciting Job *cough* where I mostly sit in an office and set up appointments for costumers to get their houses sprayed for bugs. It may not be the most glamorous job, but I am ok with it, becuase I don't have to go out and deal with the bugs. However today, my boss thought it would be a good idea for me to go with the tech to get a feel for what he does. And it was. I now have a better idea of what I am selling people. But what is really interesting is the conversation I got in with the tech.

First, let me just point out that my boss is LDS, and this tech has worked with a lot of members, though he himself is Catholic. So we were riding along, and he started telling me about his girlfriend. Then he said, and I quote, "Not to sound stereotypical or anything, but shouldn't you be married. I mean you went to BYU-Idaho."

Yeah. nice.

That is BYU-Idaho. Its reputation is famous...and not just with members of the Church.

I am proud that I can say I did finish school. Not married.

3 comments:

Zachary said...

You go girl! That is awesome! I am backing you up 100%!

Anna said...

LOL Oh wow, that is pretty bad that BYUI's reputation is known among those beyond the swimming pool of dating and marriage that IS BYUI! Crazy. Break those stereotypes in half!! :D

lasantine said...

An aside, I know, from the purpose of your post, but are there really enough costumed people running around to drum up that much business?

Or does your boss also serve non costumed customers?