Saturday, November 3, 2012

Jared: the courtship

I realize I haven't posted in about a year...but it's been a busy year for me. So the next couple of posts will be an update.

First off, I'd like to introduce Jared, my husband. He is pretty amazing. We met about a year and a half ago, doing one of my favorite things...volleyball.  We played together for a few months before I figured out his name. He has a ridiculous amount of nicknames. About a year ago, while playing volleyball, Jared was setting me. As I went to hit I felt something tear in my leg. Jared felt bad, though it really wasn't his fault. I told him that but said if he wanted to make up for it, ice cream was always welcome. He asked me what flavor, then that was the end of it...or so I thought. About a week later he a lot me ice cream for our first date. Well kind of first date. We just watched a movie at his place. It was a lot of fun and we laughed a lot. But we both agree that our date about a week later was a better first date...so that's what we go with. That date was when I could walk better. He took me to dinner, then we went down town to see the Christmas list and take a stroll down by the Missouri River. Very sweet and romantic. After that, I fell pretty fast for him. He was very sweet, kind  and funny. He had a way of be bringing a smile to my face. We had a lot in common...even though he is a pc while I am a Mac...and it was fun getting to know him. It only took a few weeks to know I was head over heals for him. I am so grateful he returned the feelings.

No comments: