Sunday, April 20, 2008

Week One

Wow, spring in New York! Could I get any luckier?! I think not. The trees are just starting to blossom and it is just beautiful! This has been a pretty slow week. I have just started training at the front desk. The hotel is a small but pretty hotel. Its a little wierd to live here, but I am adjusting. I jsut have to ignore the babies that scream up stairs! (ok, so that was just one day...I'll survive!) I've had some fun experiences already. Friday night, one of the girls that workds here took me to a near by resturant so that I can start suggesting places to people. It was pretty good, but right before we got our food, the electricity went out! It was crazy! We ended up eathing our food in the dark. The whole block was out! The server brought us out a candle to eat with. Yesterday we played ultimate frisbee for 3 hrs. it was crazy, but fun. I was exsausted by the time we finished. Also took a walk to the sacred grove. (see picture at right) Its so cool to be right next door! The singles branch here seems fun. But the funniest things was today about 8 guys walked in and every girls head snaped back to watch. Apparently, they were new. Turns out they are all from BYU-i and are selling security systems here. The branch just doubled in size.

No comments: