Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Today is the day we get to celebrate those women who do more for us then anyone else--our mothers. I had the opportunity to talk in church to day about the divine role of motherhood and it helped me appreciate how much I love and appreciate all my own mom did and still does for me. I found this poem I thought would be appropriate, and with it want to say thanks mom. I love you!
Everything Mom
How did you find the energy, Mom
To do all the things you did,
To be teacher, nurse and counselor
To me, when I was a kid.
How did you do it all, Mom,
Be a chauffeur, cook and friend,
Yet find time to be a playmate,
I just can’t comprehend.
I see now it was love, Mom
That made you come whenever I'd call,
Your inexhaustible love, Mom
And I thank you for it all.
By Joanna Fuchs

1 comment:

Zachary said...

Isn't it fun to talk on Mother's Day? Seriously...such an easy topic:)