Thursday, May 22, 2008

Harmony and Hill Cumorah

As I continue to see the neat church histroy sites here in New York, and near by, I am struck by how much it means to me to be able to have the restored gospel in my life. I'm so grateful for Joseph Smith being prepared to follow the Lord and listening to the spirit. This week especially I am grateful for hte resteration of hte priesthood and the Book of Mormon, as I got to visit Hill Cumorah and Harmony.


Here I am standing in front of the Hill Cumorah monument.




This is a picture of the Monument in Harmony PA, that shows John the Baptist with Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery.





This is the Susquehanna River where Joseph and Oliver were baptized.





This was a beautiful day, and though the drive was long, it was worth it!

1 comment:

Zachary said...

Man...I am jealous. In a totally non-covetous and totally righteous way. It looks like you are having so much fun. Thanks for posting the pictures!