Friday, July 4, 2008

5K

Today we ran a 5k. it was...fun I guess --If you call shin splints and almost dying cuz I am out of shape fun...I did actually enjoy it. I took fourth. Emily was behind me from the beginning and I thought about letting her pass me, but every time she got close, my competitive nature kicked in and I took off. And every time I tried walking, my legs started to kill so I had to run. I decided to Race for the Cure of people who are stupid enough to run 5k. All proceeds go to the Emily Teeples fund.
Here are the sweet pics!



Here is An-Hoa, Holly and I getting ready to run. The signs that you can't realy read say. "The P.I. (for palmra Inn) 5K Race for the....insert cause here." then my number is 0005, becuase five is the coolest number (I am the fifth child). Half of our shirts were white, the other half gray.
I moved my key for the first picture...then didn't realize that it is hanging down my back. My shirt says what it does "Rachel the Rachel" because of two reasons: 1) I didn't know what else to say. 2) since there are two Rachels that work at the P.I. I want to be clear on who was the original Rachel.
If you look really close, you can see an orange shirt in this picture. Thats how far the first three racers were ahead of me. oh well...it was just for fun anyway!

Here we are at the end...yes I do know that I look like I am about to die. But I made it! My first 5k (and probably my last. Sorry Meredith--I think I'll leave the marathon running up to you!)

3 comments:

Anna said...

Rachel! Check you out and yo bad 5K self! Props. So yeah, looks like you're having fun. Sorry I've been off the radar for a while ... things got a kinda hectic. (understatement?) Anywho, hope things are going well!

Meredith said...

Way to go!!! You'll be running a marathon before you know it!!!!! I'm so proud of you. Hyrum wants to know how many people ran in the race!!!

Unknown said...

HAHA...funny. In case anyone is wondering...I will NOT be running a marathon ANYtime in the future. and there were enough people running!