Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hill Cumorah Pageant

The craziest time of year in Palmyra comes mid-July. It is the Hill Cumorah Pageant. I am glad that I was here for it...because now I know to never come to Palmyra during the pageant. Don't get me wrong...it was incredible, and I loved it, but the insane number of people that were here, and having to deal with the stressful business side of things...yep....I am done. But I went three times, and got to tour backstage and enjoyed it very much. So...here are some pics for you!



An-Hoa trying on a wig while touring the stage




View from backstage. All the flags are from different countries.


Our FHE Group back stage. They wouldn't let us on stage, so this was a close as we could get.
My good friend Angie Brownie. I haven't seen her in 4 years!


Lehi Preaching

It's hard to get good pictures, but this is the tree of life. See the mist?



Going to the promised land--before the storm.


Waters of mormon


I thought this was an interesting shot. I believe this is the destruction after Christ's death


Christ appears

2 comments:

Zachary said...

That looks like it was an awesome experience! You are so lucky (and blessed) to be out there! Thanks for blogging about it for the rest of us to envy and enjoy!

Kimberly said...

You look cute in those pictures-especially the one when you have the pink shirt on and the necklace. I am jealous that you get to do some fun things, and I have always wanted to go back to that pageant, but I guess now I know not to go back there to deal with all the craziness!!