Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy 4th!

Ahh...its July Forth . A day of fireworks, barbeque's, picnics, hiking and fun. I LOVE the 4th! it has to be one of my favorite holidays. Not because I am patriotic--I am OVERLY patriotic!) What can I say--I am a history nerd. I love to remember the founding fathers and all that they gave up to establish this great nation. I love that I love the holiday so much that I am blogging about it! My Country tis of thee--of thee I sing!






But what I really love about this holiday is what it represents to me personally--family time. Some of my favorite summertime memories as a child revolve around the forth. We never did anything huge for the forth...but I remember in the old house siting on the porch or the back of the truck watching the fireworks (I also remember that I had my ears covered most of the night). My favorite memory is taking the sister missionaries to harpers corner. I still remember dad saying "Close your eyes sisters" as we briefly crossed into Utah. So here's to the forth of july...and to my family! God Bless America!

No comments: