Monday, June 23, 2008

Da Beach and More

It has been an interesting week! Thursday night I worked the 8-midnight shift, then turned around and worked the 7 am-3pm shift of Friday. And let me tell you...anything that could go wrong on that shift did. So you can imagine that I was pretty excited when Saturday came and it was time to head to the beach. And by beach, I mean the beach of Lake Ontairo--the smallest of the great lakes. (Yes, I did have to look that up...but I was pretty sure it was the smallest!) We had a blast...till the rain came. There were many sail boats ou, and I thought this would be Dad's dream! The wind help keep things cool, and so it was a beautiful day. Except the water is still FREEZING! so I did not go in. I don't think I would ahve wanted to anyway. There was this beautiful green moss all along the shore that pretty much turned me off of jumping in. Apparently there are days when the water is clearer then that...we'll see. We may be going again this weekend! On our way home we stopped at a cute little store that sold Strawberry Shortcakes and Sundays--with freshly picked strawberrries. Yum...one of the reasons that I love summer! We're going to go back to that place in august...when they have fresh peaches! Well, thats about it for this week. I will be adding pictures of the beach soon--when I am not at work and have my camera!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Seems like lots of fun!! I love to read all your fun stuff. I'll call you soon. Love ya

Kimberly said...

YAY!! You are cute!! It seems like you are having some fun adventures out there-jealous-however not jealous that you have to be working!! :) :) Your ABC thing was cute!! You gave such cute Rachel answers! Like the vegetarian thing-meat comes from the store and the marriage date. You are great!! Luv ya!