Monday, June 2, 2008

To One GREAT Grandma




Today as I contemplate the life of a woman who has touched my life deeply, I can't help but feel a sense of loss to know she is no loger with me. I feel selfish thinking how much I will miss her, so I turn my thoughts to the life she lived, and the happy memories I have with her. I won't go on for pages at a time, but stick to one that has hit me today. My Grandma loved her plants. She loved planting flowers. Today, I felt close to her as I helped plant flowers around the inn. It may seem silly, but to me it was a reminder that life goes on. Death is not the end. Flowers may die, but they come back the next year. We die, our mortal bodies fail us, but our spirits live on, and we will see those we love again. So, Grandma, while I will miss you, Thank you for your example and your love. I will miss you, but will see you again.

1 comment:

Zachary said...

That was a very touching post. Thank you!