Monday, June 16, 2008

Welcome to the school of hard knocks

Occasionally I find my self considering the complexities of life--especially my own. For a hopeless dreamer/drama queen such as myself, I tend to believe that life is going to go smoothly and just fall right into place.

"Hello Rachel, here is your life." handing me a silver platter, everything neatly in place.

The words "And she lived happily ever after" flash happily across the screen.

Ahh...its a such a beautiful dream.

Then, I wake up, and instead of my life being handed to me, I feel more like I am being thrown five different peices of my life at once. Since I am not good at juggling, I watch at least one of those pieces slip to the ground and shatter. So now all that I can do is pick up the pieces and keep moving on, looking to the day when I can see that Happily ever after. After all--I am still a dreamer.

1 comment:

Zachary said...

Don't worry...Happily Ever After just takes a little longer to show up. Reality uses FedEx.