Friday, June 27, 2008

Do you know what the most amazing sight is? The beautiful twinkling lights in the sacred grove at night. Yes, lights in the grove. You've seen those white Christmas lights...well that's not what it is, but what it looks like. There are thousands upon thousands of firefly's lighting up the night. We took a walk to the grove last night, and the firefly's were out in full force. We stood at the edge of a field looking into the grove and it looked like an audience taking pictures--flashes going off everywhere. I want to try and see if my camera will take a video of it, but I am guessing that the effect will be lost in translation. So...you'll just have to picture it in your mind, then realize its about 100 times cooler then you are picturing it!
As far as other news goes, we decided yesterday that next Saturday we are taking a bit of a road trip...to one of my most favorite places on earth. KIRTAND OHIO! yep...I am going to Kirtland. We are going to go see the play they put on there every year and I can't wait! I am already picturing what it will be like to pull up to the visitor center. I won't lie--I'll probably cry. (Now there's a big surprise!) I know it won't be the same as being a missionary there, but it will still be incredible.
I am so glad I took the opportunity to come out here. I feel like this has been an amazing summer. Not only have I got to see incredible things...but I have also learned a lot of important life lessons. Now some of those, I wish I didn't have to learn the hard way, like I did, but hey, that's life. I just think it is amazing how each experience that I have had thus far in life has added on to those previous. It makes me curious what my next step will be....

1 comment:

lasantine said...

Hey Rachel, that's great! When will you be here? We'll have to see if me and my peeps can drive up to see you. There are two little marshmallow chicks you haven't met yet.